Monday, September 24, 2012

Sunday Shopping List

So i got a lot of hits on my Shopping List post from last week, so I thought I would do it again and possibly make it a regular thing. I will be posting a Weekend recap later, but when we got back from our busy weekend I was able to make it out to Trader Joes and get plenty of groceries for the whole week.




So here is a list of what I purchased:

Meats:
Lean Turkey Burgers
Lean Ground Turkey (I actually prefer ground chicken, but they did not have any)
Frozen Salmon
Frozen Tilapia
Frozen Tuna Steaks

Veggies:
Zucchini
Cauliflower
Green beans
Sweet Potatoes
Stir Fry Veggie Pack (pre-cut package of stir fry veggies, fresh, not frozen)
Pepper (yellow and orange)
Baby carrots
Butternut Squash

Fruit:
Bananas
Frozen Strawberries
Frozen Mango

Carbs:
English Muffins
Quinoa
Pumpkin Spiced Granola
Multi Grain Pancake Mix
Sweet Potato Chips

Misc:
Greek yogurt (honey, pumpkin and strawberry/vanilla flavored)
Eggs
Horseradish flavored hummus

There will be lots of good meals in there! I have never cooked butternut squash before, so I am interested to see how it will turn out. Any suggestions or tips are welcome!

I think i also found a new favorite snack today.....Honey flavored greek yogurt with the pumpkin spiced granola, oh my goodness, SO Good. Try it! :-)



I'll be back later with a weekend recap and some dinner meal pics :-)


1 comment:

  1. I love butternut squash....you can peel it with a vegtable peeler...then scoop out the seeds. Cut it in chunks...roast it with olive oil and salt...or any spices. You can eat it like that or I make soup...using veggie broth..onions, garlic, cayenne pepper..then put the roasted squash in and let cook....blend with hand blender and top with plain yogurt and cilantro...mmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete