Monday, September 17, 2012

Lets go Shopping

So i thought it might be beneficial to post my grocery list i purchased for the week. Insanity does come with a nutrition plan, which i read through. I feel like i already eat pretty similar to this, at least the type of meals I have, but, this calls for 5 meals a day. Not 3 meals and snacks in between, but 5 full meals. I don't know if i can do that. So, i am going to stick with how i normally eat (3 full meals with 2 snacks), and try and add more protein in there. If i start to feel weak through the workout plan, like i need 5 full meals, then i will start that. But for now, I'm sticking with what i am comfortable with.

So here are majority of groceries i purchased for the week (best i can remember):

Meats:
Salmon
Swordfish
Apple Chicken Sausages
Deli Turkey

Veggies:
Broccoli
Brussels Sprouts
Spinach
Kale
Peppers (red, yellow and orange)
Avocados
Tomatoes

Fruit:
Bananas
Strawberries
Cantaloupe
Frozen berries and mango (for smoothies)

Carbs:
Flax Seed whole wheat tortillas

Snacks:
Sweet potato chips
Banana chips
Almonds
Dark Chocolate

Misc:
Hummus
Protein powder
Almond Milk
Canned Black Beans and corn

I also have several things leftover from the week before i will probably use: Frozen Chicken breasts and pork chops, eggs, quinoa, Chia Seeds, cheese, almond and peanut butter.

So there you have it, i will show what meals come out of this throughout the week!


2 comments:

  1. Cari Ann, I'm loving reading your blog! It's definitely getting me pumped up to eat better! One of my favorite blogs is The Kitchn, and this week is Sandwich Week! I thought of you when I read it! You should check it out: thekitchn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I am so glad you are reading it and enjoying it! I hope it can give some simple healthy tips. I will definitely have to add that blog to my reading list, thanks for letting me know!

      Delete