Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm Hooked

On Fish that is!! Get it?! Hooked....Fish.....
It's been a long day. :-)
So last night after Insanity, we decided to cook up the Tilapia we bought on Sunday. I have had tilapia before, but it's been a while. I think really the best way to make it is to bake it. I guess you could grill it, but It would have to be in tin foil since it is so thin and flakey. It really turned out great, I have been really happy with the way the frozen seafoods we have bought have turned out!
We just added some mixed herb seasoning we had and lemon (which is key) and baked it at 375 for about 15-20 min.
To go along with this we had some bagged green beans from trader joes, all you have to do is vent the bag and microwave them....easy enough! We just added a little bit of seasoning in the bag while it was steamed. I also sliced up some sweet potatoes and made sweat potato fries. Same as before with these, i just added olive oil and salt, but this time i added a little brown sugar. Then baked on 375 for about 40 min and broiled for a couple minutes at the end. The whole meal turned out great and was super easy!
For lunch we had plenty of leftovers, but only enough fish for one....so I let the husband have it (aren't I sweet ;-)). I heated up an apple chicken sausage we had in the fridge to go along with the leftover green beans and sweet potatoes. It may not look that appetizing, but it was!
The other day I mentioned some greek yogurt and granola snack I was eating. I had that again today, but this time it was Pumpkin flavored greek yogurt. I liked the honey flavored better, but this one was better for you since it was low fat. It also has 18g of protein, cant beat that for a snack! I still added in the pumpkin granola as well, nom nom nom.

 And then this has become a staple snack for an hour or 2 after lunch, it really gives me a boost of energy when it's getting towards the end of the work day, and believe it or not, Dark chocolate IS good for you (in moderation of course). I eat about 2 blocks a day, so this bar has lasted me the week.
It has been nice to have the evening off since I did Insanity this morning. Now it's time to relax, cook up some dinner and catch up on these new shows coming on! Hopefully you all got in something healthy today and a good workout! I love to hear what you ate or the workout you did that day so let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment