Friday, September 14, 2012

Breakfast: the most important meal of the day

I was telling a friend yesterday how important eating breakfast is. I know we have all heard it, but I truly believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It increases your metabolism for the whole day, energizes you so you can start your morning off right, and keeps you from stuffing your face at lunch because you are so hungry! Breakfast has always been my favorite meal, there are so many easy and quick options!

My breakfast was the same as the day before, another power smoothie (banana, strawberries, blueberries, almond milk, vanilla protein powder, peanut butter and flax seed). Also had my daily cup of coffee. Apparently my body requires coffee now. I went 3 days the other week without coffee (not intentionally i just got busy and forgot to make some) and I had the worst headaches all day, for 3 days straight. I couldn't figure out what it was, I was actually a little scared there at the end. Then I thought about caffeine headaches that addicts have ( i did not think i was an addict) so I drank a cup of coffee the next day, and bam, it was gone like that, and has been ever since. So now i know I am officially addicted to caffeine.....:-/

Lunch was another wrap (on flax seed flat bread) with the quinoa and grilled peppers left over from the other night! I also added the typical greens, turkey, swiss cheese and hummus. This was even better than yesterday and packed more protein from the quinoa so stayed more full after.


I was meeting a friend (my MOH) for dinner last night, so I went to the gym right across the street before hand. I took this new "CrossTraining" class, I have seen it on the schedule and been wanting to check it out. I figured it would be similar to Insanity, and it was, except it incorporated some weights as well (which was pretty rough since i had just done BodyPump the day before). The class was good, we all stood in a circle around the instructor as she shouted out the next move for us to do. Examples: 20 sec of burpees, 20 sec of mountain climbers, jumping jacks, high knees and so on. We also worked the arms and abs, so it was a good full body workout within the hour. I am pretty sore today i must admit.

Dinner was Sushi! One of my fav 'going out to eat' meals, since i cant (or choose not to) make it at home. Below is the pretty picture of it all (after we had both eaten a couple pieces, whoops). It was a perfect night to sit outside and catch up with sushi and a beer!
I am anxiously awaiting 5:00pm so I can start my weekend! I cannot promise yummy sandwiches and healthy shakes for the weekend, but there will be some exercising and fun times of course! The Accountant and I will be going to our first NC State game together, and I cannot wait to see him in his RED cheering on the Wolpack! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment