Thursday, October 4, 2012

Turning Lemons into Lemonade

But in this case, I turned Cauliflower into Mashed "potatoes"!! It's magic!



I tried this for the first time a couple weeks ago and was really happy with how it turned out, i think it may become a regular side dish! So I decided to share with you all and hopefully you will try it out!

Here is what I did:
Cut up a head of cauliflower to remove as much stems as possible
Steam for about 30 minutes, until really tender, enough to mash up
Mash with a potato masher, fork, or whatever you have handy!
add 1/2-1 cup of milk (I used almond milk - not flavored!!)
Add 1 tablespoon of butter
Salt and pepper to taste

And easy as that! A much healthier and nutritious version of Mashed potatoes! We also baked some Tuna steaks and had some green beans with ours!

Now I am off to do some Insanity! We actually did not have time to do it yesterday, so we did 1 session this morning (the cardio recovery) and going to do another session tonight, and then one early tomorrow morning!! Whew, that makes me tired just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment