Monday, November 5, 2012

Protein Pumpkin Muffins

So last week i experimented with some Protein Muffins! I have been wanting to make these for a while, and I think I still have some tweaking to do, but overall I thought thy turned out great! I ate one of these for breakfast, topped it with almond butter and was kept full until lunch time!

Here is what I did, which yielded 5 muffins. Once you make them, you can put them in the fridge and just heat it in the microwave when ready to eat! I made them at night and ate on them for several mornings!

Ingredients:
2.5 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I use whey protein powder from Trader Joes)
2 egg whites (I use eggs whites in the carton. You could also use regular eggs, I was just out that day)
4 Tbsp of plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (I just buy the canned pumpkin puree, don't buy the pumpkin pie filling!)
1/4 cup of oats
2 Tbsp of ground Flax
1Tbsp of pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
Stevia or any sweetener to taste.

Combine all ingredients. I would combine dry and wet ingredients separately then put all together. Once mixed well, put in a greased muffin pan and bake on 350 for about 30 minutes!

Next time I would probably put a little more sweetener in there, but overall i thought they turned out great! This is a super easy, nutritious and filling breakfast to keep on hand for the week!


Yum yum! I am going to make a batch again tonight to eat on for the week! These are also great for a snack during the day!

I also made some Protein Pancakes this past week that I will be sharing the recipe for later in the week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment